– COHA Director Larry Birns appeared on the Al Jazeera TV Show on Tuesday, December 15 at 9pm. He discussed the recent bananas WTO Agreement and the EU.
– COHA Director Larry Birns was interviewed on the Jeff Farias Show on December 14 at 6:30pm. He discussed the current events in Honduras.
– COHA Research Fellow Thomaz Alvares was interviewed by Voice of America on December 15, 2009. His discussion focused on whether Brazil’s global position is going to boost the number of Portuguese-learners.
For full interview, click: Português: O Futuro da Língua
– COHA Research Associate Paulina Serna appeared on Voice of America, Thursday, December 10. She discussed the hunger strikes and other recent events in Venezuela.
– COHA Research Associate Paulina Serna was also interviewed by the Jeff Farias Show on Thursday, December 10. She discussed her recent article “The Ill-Advised US Certification of Colombia on Human Rights.”
– COHA Director Larry Birns spoke on Radio Pacifico on Monday, December 7. He discussed recent events in Uruguay.
– COHA Research Fellow Thomaz Alvares was interviewed by Voice of America on November 20, 2009. He discussed whether the Brazilian Senate should grant Venezuela membership into Mercosur.
For full interview, click: Promover o Comércio Livre e a Livre Movimentação de Pessoas
COHA Article Appearances
Haitian Aid Ineffective, by COHA Research Fellow David Felson
– Chicago Tribune, Hartford Courant
Honduran Election Results Still Need To Be Scrutinized, State Department Dashes Hopes that a Transformative Latin America Policy Has Been Born, by COHA Staff
– The Guatemala Times, Scoop Independent World News
The U.S. Targets Canada’s Oil Sands: Washington Should Tread Lightly with its Environmental Legislation, so that Carbon Cuts will not Come at the Expense of Canada’s Energy Sovereignty or U.S. Energy Security, by COHA Research Associate Shantel Beach
– Scoop Independent World News
For Recent COHA Citations, see: