COHA Analysis in the Public Arena:
- Senior Research Fellow Roland Benedikter was cited in an article titled Chile’s Trans-Pacific Partnership Debate Centers on Inequality Concerns published by World Politics Review on March 3, 2016.
- COHA Senior Research Fellow Dr. Frederick Mills was quoted in an article “Obama’s executive order: Who threatens whom in US-Venezuela Row?” published by Sputniknews on March 9, 2016.
- Senior Research Fellow James Baer was cited in an article titled Cuba on Instagram: Tourist Give Americans Unfettered View of Havana published by Vocativ on March 15, 2016.
- COHA was cited in an article titled “Farmers March on Paraguay’s Capital Demanding Agrarian Reform” published by teleSUR on March 16, 2016.
- COHA was cited in an article titled Indigenous Rights Under Attack: Canadian economic and political interests over human rights published by Canadian Dimension on March 20, 2016.
- Research Associates Esther Fuentes and Rachael Hildebrand were cited in an article titled Instabilidade Do Brasil Vai Muito Além Do Impeachment, Dizem Pesquisadoras published by UOL Notícias on March 15, 2016.
COHA Publications Reprinted:
- Research Associates Esther Fuentes, Mercedes Garcia and Henderson Roman’s Donald Trump’s Super Tuesday Victory: Implications For Latin America was reprinted by Eurasia Review on March 7, 2016.
- Research Associates Stephan Horler and Ruby Cazarez’s article titled Peru 2016 Presidential Elections: César Acuña And Julio Guzmán Disqualified was reprinted by Eurasia Review on March 21, 2016.
- Resarch Associate Wondia Mireille Yeo’s article titled “Zika Virus and Microcephaly in Brazil: Outbreaks Question Fundamentals Of Healthcare Efficiency” was reprinted by Eurasia Review on March 24, 2016.
- Senior Research Fellow Mark S. Langevin’s article titled “Brazil’s Compounding Crisis” was reprinted by Eurasia Review on March 25, 2016.
- Research Fellow Peter Bolton’s article titled The Other Explanation for Venezuela’s Economic Crisis was reprinted by Foreign Affairs on March 25, 2016.
- Research Fellow Peter Bolton’s article titled The Other Explanation for Venezuela’s Economic Crisis was reprinted by Venezuela Analysis on March 25, 2016.
- Research Associate Melanie Landa’s article Neslon Garcia: Another Honduran Activitst Gunned Down While Washington Gives a Muted Response was linked in Hemispheric Daily Briefs on March 17, 2016.
- Research Associate Esther Fuentes’ article Who is Who in Brazil’s Complicated Lava Jato Corruption Allegations? was linked by BrazilWorks on March 19, 2016.
- Senior Research Fellow Sean W Burges’ article And They All Came Tumbling Down: Brazil’s Spiraling Political Corruption Scandal was linked by BrazilWorks on March 19, 2016.
- COHA’s article Femicide Looms Over Latin America was linked in NPR’s article “What Did You Expect? The Question That Women Are Sick Of Hearing” published on March 19, 2016.
- COHA’s article was linked by Alternet’s article “Hundreds of Scholars Demand Justice for Assassinated Honduran Indigenous Activist Berta Cáceres” on March 22, 2016.
- COHA’s article The Terrorist List, and Terrorism as Practiced Against Cuba was linked in The Huffington Post’s article “The Cuban Health System at the Dawn of Détente” published on March 23, 2016.
- Director Larry Birns was interviewed on March 30, 2016 by Ray Suarez in Al Jazeera America’s Inside Story Season 4—Episode 51 titled America’s Dirty War: Behind President Obama’s declassification of U.S. secrets about the country’s involvement in Argentina’s coup.