COHA's Spanish, Portuguese, and French language service
La Cuba socialista decide: el voto de los y las cubanas aprueba con fuerte apoyo la nueva Constitución
El 24 de febrero de 2019 más de 7,8 millones de cubanos y cubanas votaron en el referendo constitucional del país. De los y las cubanas que votaron, 86.85% dijeron “SÍ” a la nueva constitución con solo 9% de rechazo a la opción “NO”.
- US Raid on the Venezuelan Embassy Violates Vienna Convention and Undermines Regional Sovereignty
- Rev. Jesse Jackson delivered food to peace activists protecting the Embassy of Venezuela in Washington DC
- COHA rejects police attempt to evict activists protecting the Venezuelan Embassy in Washington DC
- Stop the US War on Venezuela and Violation of the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations
- The Catch-All American “Freedom of Expression” Mantra: Ask Julian Assange
It’s Official: the Monroe Doctrine Is Back. And as the Latest US Attack on Cuba Shows, Its Purpose Is to Serve the Neoliberal Order.
By Peter Bolton In November 2013, then-Secretary of State John Kerry declared: “The era of the Monroe Doctrine is over.”1
Plight with Panamanian Institutions: An Interview with Independent Presidential Hopeful Dr. Miguel Antonio Bernal
| by Rachel Rosenberg Research Associate at the Council on Hemispheric Affairs To download a PDF of this article,
The constitutional government of President Nicholas Maduro has sole authority over its diplomatic missions and is recognized by the United Nations. There is therefore no legal basis for a de-facto ambassador nominated unilaterally by self-declared president Juan Guaidó to seize the Embassy of Venezuela in Washington DC.
Steve Ellner, expert on Venezuela: The only exit to the Venezuelan crisis is “negotiations with no conditions”
The US raid on the Venezuelan Embassy in Washington DC and the arrest of the four protectors from the Embassy Protection Collective constitutes a flagrant violation of the Vienna Convention of 1961 and represents a new low in Washington’s conduct of hemispheric affairs. This serious violation of a diplomatic mission and the arrest of its invited protectors undermines the sanctity of embassies not only in the United States, but also throughout the world.