COHA's Spanish, Portuguese, and French language service
La Cuba socialista decide: el voto de los y las cubanas aprueba con fuerte apoyo la nueva Constitución
El 24 de febrero de 2019 más de 7,8 millones de cubanos y cubanas votaron en el referendo constitucional del país. De los y las cubanas que votaron, 86.85% dijeron “SÍ” a la nueva constitución con solo 9% de rechazo a la opción “NO”.
- The Bolivarian Revolution and the Warmongering “Pacifists”
- US Raid on the Venezuelan Embassy Violates Vienna Convention and Undermines Regional Sovereignty
- Rev. Jesse Jackson delivered food to peace activists protecting the Embassy of Venezuela in Washington DC
- COHA rejects police attempt to evict activists protecting the Venezuelan Embassy in Washington DC
- Stop the US War on Venezuela and Violation of the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations
It’s Official: the Monroe Doctrine Is Back. And as the Latest US Attack on Cuba Shows, Its Purpose Is to Serve the Neoliberal Order.
By Peter Bolton In November 2013, then-Secretary of State John Kerry declared: “The era of the Monroe Doctrine is over.”1
Plight with Panamanian Institutions: An Interview with Independent Presidential Hopeful Dr. Miguel Antonio Bernal
| by Rachel Rosenberg Research Associate at the Council on Hemispheric Affairs To download a PDF of this article,
The “pacifist” anecdotal view – ignoring the actual current war against Venezuela while latching on to “military intervention” as the sole criterion for war – finds its origins in Washington, DC’s very own warmongers themselves.
The US raid on the Venezuelan Embassy in Washington DC and the arrest of the four protectors from the Embassy Protection Collective constitutes a flagrant violation of the Vienna Convention of 1961 and represents a new low in Washington’s conduct of hemispheric affairs. This serious violation of a diplomatic mission and the arrest of its invited protectors undermines the sanctity of embassies not only in the United States, but also throughout the world.